At G&R CPA, we respect your privacy. That is why we have developed The G&R CPA Privacy Code to specify G&R CPA’s guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
The G&R CPA Privacy Code was developed to comply with the relevant portions of the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We have drafted The G&R CPA Privacy Code to facilitate our compliance with this legislation and to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your personal information.
We have also developed The G&R CPA Privacy Protection Pledge. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information. We also want to make certain that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes. By providing us with your personal information for the purposes listed below, you consent to our collection and use of the information for those purposes.
The following is a brief synopsis of our privacy practices:
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a G&R CPA client, G&R CPA collects and uses some basic information about you to provide services to you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect and use personal information only to assist us for the following purposes:
- preparation of financial statements,
- preparation of personal tax return,
- other tax returns as required by various government and regulatory agencies,
- preparation of personal financial plan,
- provision of income tax advice,
- provision of estate planning advice,
- other business and advisory services, and/or
- marketing of other professional services offered by G&R CPA.
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our clients. Here are some examples:
- Canada Revenue Agency,
- respective government and provincial tax authorities,
- personal bank manager,
- legal counsel,
- insurance agent, and/or
- other professional(s) or third-party processors as required by the nature of the engagement.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, G&R CPA:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information management system, please contact G&R CPA at (902) 463-9571. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above and in a manner consistent with The G&R CPA Privacy Code.
Please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s web site at www.privcom.gc.ca.